Monday, April 21, 2008

Dick York's grave


I managed to find Dick York's grave today. I've been trying to find it since last spring. Mapquest wasn't to much help with the location. When I did find the graveyard the weather was so bad I couldn't look for because of the snow. It's a small grave stone by the road. I found the marker as much by accident as looking for it.

Richard York was the first and my personal favorite Darrin on Bewitched. The first two seasons of Bewitched in black and white are magic on the screen. Those early episodes were more of romantic comedy then the later episodes. The interplay between Elizabeth Montgomery and Dick are fantastic.

Mr. York suffered back problems and later had to leave the show. He died in Rockford MI, having lost any money he made on the series. He did not want anybody pity, stating the last years of life were his happiest. He work with Mel Trotter mission raising money for the homeless.
It's rumored his last word were "I was the better Darrin" ... but thats only a rumor





1 comment:

Unknown said...

can you give me a location of where this grave is, I have been there and cant locate it, a general idea please, thank you.