Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Calamity Jane,s-Sandy OregonTa


Since the weather failed us on scenic trip to Mt. Hood. It's was much too foggy to see much of anything. We did discover Calamity Jane's restaurant and Burger's extraordinaire. The restaurant is designed to look to like an 1800's Saloon. All the waitresses were blond and pretty which normally sends me red flags of sexist. But most of the clientele were female I figured it was just a fluke.

David goal for the trip was not have any french fries My goal is to return home with less stuff then I flew out with. David had fish and chips on the flight out-his logic is they chip not fries.
David order a plan burger and onion rings. While I opted for the caujin burger and fries, The burger was great -but i was glad I had taken prilosec that morning.


It was the birthday of a 15 years old boy and luckly (or unluckly) =who besides the birthday song recieved a free sundue. The was one catch before he got his treat. He had to gallup around on wooden horsey. The youngin took it like a real trooper. Personally I would have skip the sundue.

The ceiling to calamity Jane's is covered by decorated one dollar bills. It was started by the owner and followed the customer's. They now claim to ten thousand one dollar bill up there. I was hoping for a mild earthquark-no such luck

No comments: