Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Las Vegas -The Venetian
















I wasn't prepared for Vegas. I was in Las Vegas 33 years ago. Even at the age of 18 I knew it was tacky. Cheap Chic with a couple of big Resorts. Lots of bare chested showgirl in reviews I was to young to see.
The city was quiet during the day-the action didn't start until late in the evening. Then the high rollers and beautiful people came out, all well dressed.
The strip moved south. Now the resorts are enormous and grand-very grand . The Venetian was my first view of the new grand Vegas. The Venetian comes complete with a canal and singing gondoliers. Two Broadway show are now playing" The Phantom of the opera "and "The Jersey Boys" at the Venetian. The shops are endless and expensives. Madame Tussauds's Wax M.useum is there with a all the famous who's-who in Vegas. Its grand -very grand.





No comments: