Thursday, September 17, 2009

My 2nd letter from Vern Ehlers

Dear Mr. Fox:
Thank you for contacting me about Representative Joe Wilson's behavior during the recent presidential address to a Joint Session of Congress. I totally disapprove of Representative Wilson's behavior and found it unacceptable. It is inappropriate to treat the President of the United States in that manner.

However, I appreciate that Representative Wilson apologized to President Obama and that the President graciously accepted his apology.
On September 15, the House of Representatives considered House Resolution 744 to disapprove of Representative Wilson's behavior. It passed the House by a vote of 240 - 179, with five Members voting "Present". I voted against this resolution since I thought the Democrats had purely political motives in bringing it up for consideration, especially because the President had accepted Representative Wilson's apology. I pray Congress will move forward from this unfortunate moment.
Sincerely,
Vernon .Ehlers
Member of Congress

I guess it is High School Cafeternia-

No comments: