Sunday, August 13, 2006

Today I turn 50


I turned fifty this morning. I was hoping to have this getting older thing settled in my mind, I would write something comical in blog like the Top Ten reasons turning 50 and being gay is fabulous. I just don't have it in me to feel that way.
Other guys and girls are able to drive right in this age thing without blinking an eye. They looked forward to being refered as a Silver Daddy and carring their AARP membership to Palm Springs for vacation. I on the other still want to climb those mountains and reach for the stars.

So the best I can do is promise myself I will live life the way I want too. I promise I will spend more time with people. Go to more events. talk more. laugh more wear a purple dress and a red hat if I want too. Care less about what people think and more what I think.

2 comments:

sattvicwarrior said...

happy birthday.
50 aint nothin! wait till you hit 60 .. your still a" punk". hahahahahaha
gather ye rosebuds while ye may. cause its damn slim pickin when your OLD and GRAY

Michael said...

mmmmmm and I do love those rosebud