Sunday, October 12, 2008

My brother-

I got this email from my older brother. Gary was drafted near the end of Vietnam War. The government was giving college deferment up until the last 2 years of the war. There was public out cried and the deferments were stopped. He never believe in military and especially dislike this war. He lives in a fairly rural Alabama. I am very proud of him

My stupid stunt for the day.... I am sending this to everyone on my list that might get a laugh out of the situation...Today, Saturday, I drug my sorry behind out of bed...ate a light breakfast.... diddled on the computer some, then went outside removed a flat tire and went to a service station to put some air in it.... and then on to the bank to cash my pay check. (Just kind of normal stuff). Anyhow, on the way home I decided I could use something more substantial for breakfast so I went to the local Hardee's fast food restaurant for a better breakfast. The parking lot was full, but the line was short because everyone had been served and were sitting at tables and talking.As I stood there waiting for my biscuits and grave to be put on the tray, I noticed it seemed as if all eyes were on me.... I check.. yeah I did remember to put my pants on. I get my food, sit down and start looking around a little. The room is almost completely filled with older men. I am old... and even I can say older men in this case. A few have hats on say things like 'Army Veteran' or 'Korean war veteran'. Anyhow, I eat my food... and walk on out.Then I notice it. All the cars in the parking lot have stickers saying American Legion. For those of you from other countries, American Legion is a club for veterans & very patriotic. These are the guys who march in parades carrying the flag. The 'America - Love it or Leave it' crowd.I had just invaded some sort of informal meeting they had wearing my 'Veterans For Peace' tee shirt. (see the picture).Damn!hahahaahhaahahahaahahaha

No comments: