Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Preparing for Camp Woodland




I made the appointment last week for Zeppos annual dental cleaning and shots. I always remind the receptionist, he's a nipper. Actually I try to make a joke something like he put the terror in terrier. Then, I do a low pressed laugh. I don't know why I feel to the need to remind them, there is a huge red sticker on the chart that saids "Biter" next to a hand written sticker remind staff to wear long sleeves.

They said dogs mind only has about two weeks memory span. If that is the case then Zeppos must be having repressed memories. I sure had trouble getting him out of the car and into the office. There I am carrying my pouch with repressed in the office and there they are with their long sleeves and stickers. The assistance said why don't you put him in the cage and then laughed. This time she was the one with the pressed laugh.

I returned to the vets, 6hours later. I looked around to see if anyone was wearing bandages. I didn't spot any injuries so I figured it was safe to ask for Zeppo. Immediately Zeppo started barking in the back room. I asked how bad he was, the Vet assistance replied "The usual". No more question out of my lip. The doggie dental hygenist they showed before and after of his teeth. Tried to talk me into brushing his teeth regularly( sure that's going to happen) She gave me this picture of zeppo on downers, Then I paid $325.oo (that's a real bite) carried out my little doggie, Zeppo licking and squealing away.

They all waved good-bye and laughed, This time is wasn't pressed.

I did get this swell picture of Zeppo doped up.

No comments: