Thursday, June 15, 2006

Homer's letter

I was reading Homer's World Blog today. He wrote a touching story about trying to get in contact with his older Gay brother who had cut off ties with the family. I always get a little misty eye when I hear people tell the turth about family dealing with Gay family members. I work with a woman who told me the poor treatment her gay brother recieved by his family and how proud she is that he overcame it and was able to move on. I could feel tears come to my eyes when she told the story.
It was refreshing to hear Homer talk about about his childhood, gay men rarely do. I was kicked out at a early age for being gay while my family didn't cut me out officially, I was cut off. I wish I felt more conneted to my past. Sometime it feels like I don't have a past.

My guess is Homers letter means alot to his brother even if he doesn't answer back . The letter..... meant alot to me.

1 comment:

sattvicwarrior said...

you say..
. I wish I felt more conneted to my past. Sometime it feels like I don't have a past.
CONSIDER YOURSELF BLESSED. THERE IS NOTHING BUT THE HERE AND NOW!!!!!!!. AND EVEN THAT REALITY IS ILLUSION SIMPLY BECAUSE OF THE TRANSITORY STATE OF THIS ILLUSION WE CALL REALITY.