Wednesday, January 14, 2009

My favorite Aunt

My Aunt Chris passed away two weeks ago. She was everyone favorite Aunt-even those who were not related to her.
For two weeks I've worked out in my head what I wanted to say about her but nothing seems adequate So I'm going tell you about her - things that were common to everyone who knew her . Chris was always happy to see everyone stranger and friends. She always found something good everyone- and did not hesitate to say so. My aunt could look pass dirt, poverty,color and see something good. If she had prejudices I never heard them. She thought the world of Ronald and Nancy Reagan (see what I'm talking about). Yet she did not reaction badly when she found out I was a Democrat. She like to feed stray animals-she died in her garage feeding the cats.
Chris could be easily hurt by gossip and unkind words. I think those things were so far removed from she is that she could not believe they would say it. Chris once had to asked a trouble making family member not to come around anymore. I am sure it took every of strength she had and hurt her more then it did him.

She loved her family more then anything. Her own family and her Sibling. I think she was born nurturer. She never got over the loss of her son. Chris treasured her daughter and grand kids.

So if anybody reads this and would like to honor her in some small way-here is how. Give love to someone or something without thinking about anything in return. Feed a stray animal. Say something nice when you don't have too. See good in someone you dislike. Love a fey nephew. You may never see the return but I am living proof the return is there

No comments: