Saturday, April 22, 2006

Life at the resort

The day to day life at the resort is part of the charm about Fort Laurderdale. In a hotel you don't really get to know your neighbor. At a resort you get to know them well...Too well. Take the guy in the room next to ours, his ideal of a vacation is to stay at the resort 24/7 and stay drunk 24/7. He must suffer from black out or is so pickled that he's only hitting on a couple of brain cell, I've met 4 times and he always said"you just arrived today?". One night as I coming into the room he was pass out on the stairwell balcony's ass was the air.
I yell "Are you alright" no responded I yell again, this time he looks up at me. Eyes bloodshot
"Are You OK"
Ohhhh yeah, what make you think I wasn't
Your Chair turned over, your laying in a crosswalk, you room door is open, you spilled your drink your unable to aroused
Fuck man you sound mad
I am, your a grown man Do I need to call ambulance?
Man I fine. Leave me alone
Maybe you should stop drinking for a while.
no answers he's passed out again

Next day: You just arrive here?
The other character is "Pink Floyd" a sun-burned man in his mid-50's. Floyd is always by the pool looking for new arrivals to the resort. Then he waits sometimes not so patiently for the new-comer to be alone then he there, and we all must listen to his rap. I sell exclusive real estate mostly to European clients(what does that mean? Why would anybody be impressed?). I haven't seen him get lucky yet. I want to tell him to change his rap, maybe listen to the other guy. Better yet maybe go out and enjoy the day no piece of tail is wasting a whole day.

No comments: