Saturday, April 08, 2006

Those who fail to plan.....

When did packing for a vacation become such a big deal? When I was in my 30's I always had a suitcase ready, packing was no big deal. Underwear, socks etc right there ready to go at a moments notice. Not anymore, now packing has is in stages Pre- planning, packing and accessories stage. In the pre planning stage I write down all the events I will be attending, museum , beach , hiking so one and so fore. Then I careful figure out what I'll be wearing to each event. When I was younger I could get a away with jean and sweater for events, sorta the male counterpart to black dress and pearls. Now I try take at least one pair of dress slacks and white dress shirt. I little self conscience about being seen in the same swimming trucks twice, Oh my God! people might think I'm on vacation. The actual packing, is like preparing for a distaster always prepare for the worst. Last year in July in Maine I only brought summer clothes, its was ony in the 50's. Now the accessories, if I bring my digital, I'll need the rechargable batteries, which means I should the power cord might have limited plug in space. Dress pant require dress sock, and dress shoes. This vacation is in 3 locations, the first is costume party in Detroit, second visiting my father and third going to Florida. I arrived in Detroit last night I had to find a drug store I forgot my tooth brush.

No comments: