Tuesday, January 25, 2011

My Fat Ass- Orientation

The orientation is held in the large meeting room in the medical building. First I must tell you that you sign an agreement to ask questions. Hard to image that someone would lay out this kind of money and without checking everything out. It was snowy that evening and there were only 3 attendee- really only 2 one was spouse. The dietitians give the details of the different plans. The very low calorie plan, the half ass plan or the 1200-1400 calorie plan.
I went with the very low calorie plan. My reason is I'm tired of weight plateaus. For the past 15 year I loss 35 to 40 pound every other year then I'm stuck. I don't mean for a couple of weeks I mean months at time. I just too old to go through it again. The difficulty of keeping spirits up is just hard. I had to try something new.

How does a 800-900 calorie diet work? Everything were told is more calorie you take away the more the body keep in reserve. The meals are designed to high protein. You eat small qualities of food or beverage 5 times throughout the day. Protein keeps the muscle you have while keeping your Metabolism high. You also must do resistive exercises to keep building muscle .

The biggest groans of the evening when I asked about caffeine. Only 16 ounce of diet cola a day or one cup of coffee. I knew this was going to trouble spot -I can feel a headache coming on.

No comments: