Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Film Festivals

I have been to three gay and lesbian film Festivals in the pass six weeks. The smallest was in Kalamazoo, The largest in Detroit Friday we were in Indianapolis for a viewing of Fat Girls. The movie was made on a small budget by a 20 year old. I thought I would hate it for thoses reason, but I enjoyed - a lot. I wish more Gay and lesbian people would go to these events. The people who bitch about nothing to do, won't attend l gay film festivals for some strange reasons. Dull, too epensive not cool enough . Bah ,Bah, Bah I wonder if these festivals can keep going with such small turn outs. I have yet to go to sold out movie or movie opening. Royal Oak's Film Festival is a week long .It's big movie was Eating Out: sloppy seconds which was mindless -but funand well attented. So far none of these movie have any centeral character that are middle age. I waiting for the movie where I see 40-50 year olds up on the big screen or the small screen. Where is the next birdcage?

No comments: