Saturday, November 18, 2006

McDonalds

Mornings when I don't go into work early, I usually eat at McDonald's. I wish it was someplace cuter or trendier but-it's a McDonald's. Until recently it had a HO gauge train and a reproduction of the town inside. Now, it has been redecorated in earth tones, fireplace and big screen plasma television. I miss the train and the children who use to hit the switch to make it go. Except for 4 new coffee drinks it’s still the same old menu. I usually get an egg McMuffin unless, I'm hungrier then I order two breakfast burritos and if I want a treat I get Hot cakes.

There is always a group 4 to 15 senior citizens talking, laughing and lying-sort of geriatric friends. The group is ever changing new people added and others well ... enough say. Recently I notice one gentleman wife isn't there any more, I felt sad. When I get that age I want to be part of their group too. Get my senior coffee and hang with my pals, something to look forward to every day. Behind the counter are two middle age women who can't

A) Remember that I dine in

B.) Remember that they have met me before.

C.) what kind of bill I gave them

I decided a couple of years ago that maybe, I was the problem. So I learned their name and smile generously and make chit-chat. This only confused them more, thinking I was someone they knew from church or a teacher at the high School and became even more forgetful. So, I gave up and we when back to our Ground Hog day relationship..."This is to go, right?” The person I love to the best is the lady that does the cleaning and stocking, I'm thinking she obessive-complussive. There she is with her put together outfit, hairnet and glasses with spit guard at the sides. If I was an employer I would want her as my employee. When she stock the condiment's they've been sorted and neatly arranged. Straws are filled perfectly even with each other. Tables and floors so clean and Trash cans! Something to behold.

No comments: